Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Milan, Italy
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently looking a Lead Bio-pharma Engineer. The candidate reports to the Head of Pharma Process department and is accountable to coordinate / manage all the design activities relevant to assigned projects.
- Design of bio-pharmaceutical GMP plants, developing user requirements, layout, mass / energy balance, equipment size, P&ID's, functional specifications, etc
- Coordination of the process design from feasibility study till start-up and validation of the system
- Interface directly and frequently with Customers
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering MSc
- Specific knowledge of technologies / equipment for healthcare / lifescience industry, such as: production of anti-cancer, vaccines, therapeutic proteins; hygienic piping and clean / sterile environment; handling / containment of micro-organisms in bio-pharmaceutical industry; purification techniques of process biological materials; manufacturing / containment of highly active API's
- At least 10-12 years in the design of manufacturing process plants for fine-chemicals and / or chemical pharmaceutical ingredients, and of manufacturing process plants for bio-pharmaceutical GMP drugs
- Knowledge of functional / mechanical features of process equipment of typical chemical and pharmaceutical industry
- Competence in using simulation software such as SuperPro, SchedulePro, Hysis, or similar ones
- Fluency in English, in Italian and, possibly, in German
- Attitude to the development of innovative areas of expertise, such as: sustainability; process modelling / simulation; continuous processing; resource conservation
- Strong leadership, decision making and influencing skills are required to ensure the delivery of challenging project according time / quality / budget / safety targets, as well as Customer targets
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.