Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Irvine, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Receptionist for our office in Irvine, CA.
- May type and proofread basic memoranda, reports, letters, charts, graphs and e-mail messages using word processing, spreadsheet, and data management applications
- Maintain records and files in hard copy and / or automated data base format
- Answer and screen telephone calls, handling inquires or directing them to the appropriate information source
- Handles routine maintenance requests / complaints or coordinates with more senior level administrative personnel for more complex requests / complaints involving janitorial, electrical, etc.
- May order and maintain office supplies
- May assist / coordinate moving and storage of office furniture and equipment; may set-up conference / training rooms for meetings
- Make meeting and travel arrangements if required
- Handle routine inquiries and information requests
- Ensure office supplies are adequate and equipment is in proper working order
- Perform general office duties as requested
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with word processing and spreadsheet software packages
- Ability to use a personal computer
- Ability to operate common office equipment (photocopying, facsimile, transmittal, telephone call director, etc.)
- Some ability to proofread and typing speed 30 wpm may be required
- Ability to become familiar with company, office group and policies and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure or deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropri ate manner
- Professional appearance and courteous manner
- Attention to detail
- Professional communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.