Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Civil / Municipal Designer / CAD Technologist to join our Infrastructure group in Eastern Canada. This position will be located in our Burlington, ON office.
In this position you will be required to work within our water resources and land development infrastructure team preparing design and contract drawings, cross-sections, schedules and quantity estimates for water resources and land development projects.
- Work closely with senior engineers and project Mangers to complete the design and drafting
- Coordinate project drawings with project managers and other
- Ensure that the projects needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Coordinate with other units in related operations Assure delivery of quality products
Skills / Qualifications
- Civil Technologist or Civil Technician Diploma
- 5-10 years experience in Civil Infrastructure design with an emphasis on water resources, including stormwater management, hydraulic structures, and natural channel design, and experience with design of storm sewers
- 5 + years experience using AutoCAD / LDD
- Experience with Civil 3D
- Familiarity with various Civil and Municipal design and drafting standards
- Hydraulic modelling considered an asset
- Strong organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Strong communication skills along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Willingness to work in a team atmosphere
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.