Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a motivated team player to fulfill the role of Intermediate Bridge Engineer in our Burlington, Ontario office.
- As a member of our Burlington bridge department the successful candidate will support the bridge department and executing projects of varying size and complexity including major highway bridges, standard bridges / culverts and municipal pedestrian structures
- Work with the bridge department to develop and review preliminary engineering of new bridges, bridge rehabilitation design, life-cycle cost analysis and detailed design of new bridge structures
- Conduct load evaluations, review of drawing preparation and specifications, preparation of tender documents (including schedules and estimates) and construction administration
- Support bridge inspection assignments for provincial and municipal clients using guiding OSIM principles and requirements
- Assist in the preparation of proposal submissions for established and prospective clients
- Maintain client relationships to further establish Amec Foster Wheelers presence in the field of bridge engineering
- Assist in identification and development of new business opportunities
- Provide assistance in the support and development of junior bridge group staff
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Structural Engineering (bridges) is required. Masters Degree or higher will be considered an asset
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant Ontario experience
- Related experience with Ministry of Transportation Ontario is required including familiarity and working knowledge of CPS and HiCo software
- Sound understanding of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CSA-S6) and Ministry of Transportation Ontario standards
- Registration as a professional engineer licensed to practice in Ontario is required. Professional registration in other provinces and states will be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks demonstrating a flexible approach to work assignments
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.