Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hamilton, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is recruiting for Construction Supervisors / Inspectors with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to work in the capacity of junior and senior inspectors.
Niagara, Hamilton, Halton and Peel, ON.
- Conduct site supervision and inspection for residential, commercial, industrial, renewable and municipal construction projects
- Coordinate with the subcontractors and monitors the construction quality control program
- Keep field diaries, records of materials and equipment on site each day
- Track and summarize quantities, interpret contract documents and review, and recommend approval of payment certificates
- Provide support for project as builds
- Liaise with the design engineer and clients for approval of on-site changes
- Liaise with the public and other stakeholders
- Travel to client sites
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years experience as a Construction Supervisor / Inspector on municipal and infrastructure projects
- Valid drivers license required
- Surveying capabilities would be an asset
- Any certifications such as RCJI, RCSI or CA would be an asset
- Any MTO experience would be an asset (but not required)
- Experience with Electrical and grading inspections would be an asset
- Electrical inspection experience would be an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite would be an asset
- Experience with AutoCAD would be an asset
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary environmental or civil program considered an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.