Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Finance Manager. Based in Oakville, Ontario for approximately 6 months and then transitioning to site in Ethiopia, this position will report to the Project Controls Manager with a heavy dotted line responsibility to the Vice President, Finance Mining and Metals Americas. This role is responsible for all aspects of finance for the international Mining Project and standalone legal entity in Ethiopia. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Establish an international project legal entity and the compliance framework
- Setting up all procedures and process for the project and standalone legal entity in Ethiopia (including banking, financial reporting, tax filling and compliance)
- Prepare/review project reports, KPI dashboard, variance analysis and respond to inquiries to the project management team and various operational business teams
- Prepare the monthly financial statement & financial reports for the foreign entity
- Ensure all compliance with foreign regulations
- Prepare the monthly invoices to the client in accordance with the contract
- Prepare monthly management project reports by contributing entity
- Reconciling invoices from subsidiaries to invoices to the client.
- Prepare consolidated project report from all entities providing resources
- Assist Project Team in completion of Project End Life Forecast
- Assist Project Team with completion of monthly project financial reports
- Process reports, including performing detailed analysis and evaluation of monthly results of the project
- File, manage and reconcile the monthly/quarterly/annual tax returns (Income/VAT, etc.)
- Analyze and verify internal consistency, completeness and accuracy of project data
- Liaise and provide high quality financial and analytical support to the various operational business teams
- Maintain a current knowledge of IFRS and financial reporting standards
- Prepare monthly management reports by contributing entity
- Perform other duties & other project work as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting along with a professional Accounting Designation.
- Minimum of 10 years Post Qualified Experience.
- Foreign entity experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite including financial modelling skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience with SAP, Penta, & Discoverer is an asset
- Experience in financial reporting in a multi-currency environment. (Hedging exposure)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication & presentation skills.
The incumbent is expected to work in a team environment, and share responsibilities with other members of the finance teams within the Mining & Metals Operation.
In this role, the incumbent is expected to provide direct support to Project Managers, Project Administrators and Senior Management of the Mining & Metals Operation.
Some travel is required.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted. By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to Amec Foster Wheeler sharing this information within its business units in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.