Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Kamloops, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person for the role of Surveyor’s Assistant - Infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in becoming a surveyor. This is a casual/on-call position based out of our Kamloops office but requires travel to project sites.
- Surveyor’s helper for field work including but not limited to design topography, construction layout and as-built surveys
- Under direction of the surveyor, general survey duties including clearing brush, stake pounding and setting backsights, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Preference will be given to people who have some survey experience
- Experience using hand tools such as sledge hammer, axes and sandviks
- Knowledge of computer systems and application programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel would be an asset
- Must be able to perform physically demanding field work and able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Current and Valid Class 5 driver’s license
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.