Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Kamloops, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual for the role of Junior Level Surveyor – Infrastructure.This is a casual/on-call position based out of our Kamloops office but requires travel to project sites.
- Surveying for field work including but not limited to; design topography, construction layout and as-built surveys
- Supervise junior staff and surveyor’s assistants
- Measurements and calculating alignments, grades and quantities, etc.
- Quality Assurance / Control tasks including all levels of audits
- Perform general office, accounting and administrative duties
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years survey experience with GPS and conventional methods or a diploma and 1 year related experience
- Associated experience with Field Services Works
- Able to read and comprehend project plans
- Working knowledge of digital terrain modeling in Civil 3D, CAiCE* or other Digital Terrain Modeling software, highway / municipal survey, design, Field Services Work, Workers Compensation Board Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, highway construction equipment, engineering survey / layout and drawings / plans
- Knowledge of computer systems and application programs (AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel) would be an asset
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals and specifications
- Experience with Lidar and or 3D laser scanning considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.