Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Knoxville, TN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking Project Controls Specialist. The position will support the Knoxville Environmental Remediation Group that performs large environmental projects for multiple business sectors. This position will provide project planning, scheduling, cost tracking and project financial support for these projects. The position will report to the Environmental Branch Manager for Knoxville.
Primary duties will be preparing and maintaining project schedules, tracking cost, working with project managers to prepare estimate to completes and other project controls related activities Other duties may include assisting in the preparation and revision of project controls and project management procedures.
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures, manpower estimates and forecasts
- Developing WBS and project coding structures
- Developing and maintaining cost loaded schedules
- Conduct project performance analysis using earned value techniques
- Support reporting requirements for invoice submittals and monthly status reports
- Maintain project budget and forecast spending plans
- Downloading and analyzing project expenditures, commitments and invoice data
- Provide proposal support to include schedules, reports, cost analysis and other Primavera supporting functions
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management or other related discipline
- 5+ years project controls / cost-schedule experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Proficient with Primavera and Microsoft Project
- Strong interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel on an as needed basis
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.