Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Mining & Metals has a potential opportunity for Senior Mechanical Designers. Reporting to the Office Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Oakville, ON office. This role will be filled contingent on award of project and will be responsible for providing various aspects of the layout, design and specification of mechanical equipment and components for mining/industrial plants and their related infrastructure. The successful candidate must be located within a reasonable commute to the Oakville, ON office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you
- Providing design and technical support for the layout, design and specification of mechanical systems for mining/industrial plants and related infrastructure
- Designing and drafting of equipment systems in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- 3D Modeling of equipment for use in plant model
- Designing according to safety codes and design criteria
- Reviewing project documents including flowsheets and P&IDs for scope, presentation and technical accuracy prior to issue
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Design technology
- 10+ years (Senior Level) of relevant design experience
- Experience in designing for plant maintenance and operation
- Proven experience and understanding of Heavy industrial and mining equipment
- Proven experience and understanding of material handling and crushing equipment would be an asset
- Proven experience with AutoCAD
- Heavy industrial, mining, or smelting experience
- Experience with 3D plant design in PDMS is considered an asset
- Experience with SmartPlant (SP3D) is considered an asset
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted. By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to Amec Foster Wheeler sharing this information within its business units in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.