Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is a rapidly growing engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff, and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting for a Site Project Coordinator at Bowmanville, ON for the Darlington Refurbishment. The Darlington Refurbishment is a 10 year multi-billion dollar mega project employing thousands of workers. The planning phase of the project is nearly complete and the execution will commence in October 2016.
We are currently recruiting for a junior/intermediate project coordinator.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitor overall quality, schedule and cost of various phases of the project
- Track deliverables for various vendor deliverables by attending schedule update meetings and tracking deliverables in excel and P6
- Track compliance with various milestones
- Attend project cost and schedule review and coordination meetings and actions are correctly captured
- Chairs project schedule reviews and coordination meetings.
- Escalate/Communicates issues/risks/barriers to project leads.
- Other project support as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Completed College Diploma in Project Management field
- 2 years of relevant experience
In addition, the candidate must possess the following:
- Drivers Licence as the role is at clients site (Bowmanville, ON)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong administrative/organizational skills
- Well developed initiative and problem solving skills
- Willingness and flexibility to learn new skills
- A team player with the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks.
Please note that this a Contract position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.