Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Knutsford, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting HVAC Engineers to support our Defence Business Unit, from our offices in Birchwood, Warrington or Booths Park, Knutsford.
The successful individual will be will be capable of working within a multi-disciplined team of internal and consultant subject matter experts responsible for the Independent Technical Assessment of HVAC and Building Service systems for nuclear licensed facilities, including design studies, optioneering and scheme and detail design.
Preparation of Independent Technical Assessment Reports based on review of design basis documents, ventilation flow sheets, calculations, equipment/ductwork sizing, containment systems cascaded building ventilation, specification writing and Engineering Substantiation.
- Review Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs) associated with the systems
- Understand the purpose of the document and/or calculations in relation to the SFRs
- Identify all relevant input data on which the document is based
- Check the validity of input data and assumptions
- Identify and assemble all referenced documents to be read in conjunction with the document (make requests as required for referenced project documents not already supplied)
- Review design calculations, undertaking appropriate checks and sensitivity analysis
- Check feasibility of the conclusions and recommendations for design
- Identify items requiring clarification to be discussed with the author as required
- Note discrepancies, errors, omissions, good and bad points and rank each for inclusion in the ITA report
- Review the document for compliance with CDM
- Prepare ITA report using approved report template.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree preferred, HND minimum, be a member of CIBSE and a Chartered Engineer
- Knowledge of nuclear standards
- Demonstrable experience in a similar environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry
- Experience in the delivery of written work, i.e., specifications, Design Assessment Reports, LTPR
- Ability to plan and estimate work
- Effective communication within team and with stakeholders
- Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with multi-discipline and multiple tasks across projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.