Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is a rapidly growing engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff, and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting for a Site Project Co ordinator.
As a member of the Amec Foster Wheeler Project Controls Specialist (PCS) team you will be responsible for the planning and execution of engineering portion of client’s projects. You will also lead the coordination and monitoring of the preparation of several documentation by key stakeholders. In general, this is a project assurance role, where a PCS coordinates and facilitates projects. This role support other key roles such as but not limited to: Owners Engineers (OE), Project Managers (PM), Field Team Leads (FTL), Section Managers (SMs), Department Managers .etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitor overall quality of the designs’ implementation, schedule and cost, lessons learned, commissioning and closeout activities.
- Interface with other departments to identify resources for design work.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Engineering Change Packages by designers.
- Monitor scope compliance in all stages of the Engineering Change process.
- Mediate between various key stakeholders and interfacing departments.
- Attend project cost and schedule review and coordination meetings.
- Communicates cost and schedule status and action plans to Portfolio Managers.
- Chairs project schedule reviews and coordination meetings.
- Communicate schedule plan and deliverable/milestone dates to discipline team members.
- Prepare Engineering Quotes to communicate schedule and cost commitments to the customer.
- Escalate/Communicates issues/risks/barriers to upper management.
- Support as required design activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Completed University degree in either a Technical/Science or Business/Finance field OR
- Completed College Diploma in either a Technical/Science or Business/Finance field
In addition, the candidate must possess the following:
- Drivers Licence as the role is at clients site (Tiverton, On)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong administrative/organizational skills
- Well developed initiative and problem solving skills
- Willingness and flexibility to learn new skills
- A team player with the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks.
Please note that this a Contract position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.