Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Moccasin, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Construction Inspector in Moccasin, CA. The Inspector will work under general supervision and will perform construction inspections in conjunction with public works construction projects to ensure compliance with contract plans, specifications, applicable codes and safety regulations. Engineering construction inspection includes but is not limited to the following activities: earthwork and paving, roadway renovation and improvement, water supply pipeline, roadway chip seal, guard rails, repair of pipelines and joints, and portland cement concrete.
- Monitors and inspects the work of contractors for compliance with plans, specifications and schedules
- Prepares project documentation including daily reports, force accounts, materials testing and other construction records
- Participates in and / or conducts planning, preconstruction, coordination, progress, scheduling and field staff meetings
- Reviews plans, specifications, submittals, shop drawings, change orders, constructability reviews and contract closeout records
- Assists in detecting and resolving disputes and / or problems and responds to complaints from the public
- Ensures that all required tests, operations, measurements, and inspections are scheduled, ordered, satisfactorily completed and documented for quality assurance / quality control compliance
- Verifies and prepares quantity and progress estimates for progress payments
- Maintains records on unit price quantities, labor, equipment and progress for change order work
- Reviews and approves change orders for implementation
- Makes field measurements and maintains as-built drawings records
- Conducts and / or witnesses testing of contract material, equipment and installations
- Reports safety and traffic hazards, defective work and debris to the contractor for correction
- May monitor the excavation, loading and off-haul of hazardous materials from construction sites and ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws pertaining to hazmat
Skills / Qualifications
- 4 years of verifiable full-time experience in construction inspection work insuring that plans and specifications are complied with and the workmanship and material used meet specifications
- Prior experience working on large water works projects is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.