Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Darlington, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Subcontract Buyer, also known as a procurement officer (subcontracts) to be based at their offices in Red Barnes Way, Darlington reporting to the Supply Chain Manager.
Responsibilites will include, but not limited to the following:
- Conduct subcontract tendering, evaluation and award exercises with approved vendors
- Negotiation of commercial arrangements and compiling of subcontract terms
- Carry out the procurement function in a professional and ethical manner ensuring that all project deadlines are met in line within defined work scopes and time lines
- Source and subcontract services in the most efficient and cost effective method in accordance with company procedures.
- Progress and expedite outstanding orders in conjunction with the Expeditor to achieve agreed delivery dates and ensure that outstanding commitments are accurately reflected on the Supply Chain System.
- Ensure that a full audit trail is maintained for all procurement transactions.
- Review service requirements and decide as to whether they should be routed for commercial and/or HSEQ risk assessment in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Identification and mitigation of subcontract risks
- Provide procurement expertise and actively engage with user groups to develop sourcing plans and strategies.
- Manage subcontract supply chain initiatives and innovation
- Monitor procurement performance within the company
- Constantly monitor and assess supply source effectiveness and arrange meetings to address problems or issues.
- Ensuring that Amec Foster Wheeler’s ethical standards and Business Code of Conduct are applied and adhered too, thereby safeguarding Amec Foster Wheeler’s reputation.
- Ensuring that Amec Foster Wheeler’s guiding principles, procedures and policies are complied with at all times.
- Reporting all actual and potential breaches of the Amec Foster Wheeler Governance regime to the appropriate authorities via the requisite Amec Foster Wheeler channels.
Skills / Qualifications
A suitable qualification in Buying is prefferred: appropriate Degree, CIPS, NVQ or BTEC with an understanding of contracts such as NEC 3 and FIDIC
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong knowledge of the T&D market and supply chain
Have extensive experience of using purchasing systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, SPRINT, COINS, Site-Man etc.
- Have excellent analytical skills in order to accurately interpret sales figures, stock levels and budgets, using spreadsheets, to make commercial decisions
- Have a business-like approach, using tact and diplomacy when negotiating and networking
- Have the ability to work within a team environment as you will be working with other departments and planners
- Be experienced in Project Procurement including formulating ITT’s, Bid Tabulation and commercial evaluation etc.
Have a flair for interpreting trends and a deep understanding of what consumers want
The ability to work unsupervised and the confidence to make decisions autonomously
Have good written and oral communication skills
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Be confident in the use of MS Office based programmes
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.