Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Dorval, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Project Manager, Materials Engineering for our Montreal office. The incumbent will be responsible for the management of a variety of projects, assist in new business development, and in the development and supervision of the Materials Engineering team.
This is a challenging position and will require an individual with a solid technical background combined with strong project management
- Assessment and approval of engineering of materials (specifically concrete and asphalt) providing expertise to office, site work and laboratory operations
- Project management of assignments that may include conducting and coordinating of a wide variety of expertise on concrete, soil and asphalt, materials testing programs, investigations on existing roads, bridges, dams and other structures
- Preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Undertaking materials investigations and studies
- Finalize and review reports and all project- related correspondence with client
- Provide excellent customer service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Assist in supervision of materials engineering and technical staff (field work and lab)
- Maintain and develop client relationships
Skills / Qualifications
- University graduate with degree in geotechnical, geological or civil (materials) engineering
- Currently registered with OIQ
- 10 years industry experience (since graduation) in providing practical materials engineering services relevant to a variety of projects (transportation, mining, civil, municipal, commercial development, resource industries, utilities, building structures)
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to establish and supervise materials engineering consulting services in a local or regional market
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and knowledge of regional markets
- Ability and desire to build and develop new and existing clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Fluent in French and basic English)
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service, and a commitment to technical excellence
- Work experience in an ISO 9001:2008 environment
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.