Skills: Geoscience Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, NL, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in St. Johns. We are a vibrant team of geotechnical, geophysical and civil engineers with a get up and go, hands on attitude. This is an extremely exciting time in Eastern Canada. Here’s your chance to be part of it. If you feel you would add to the synergy and dynamic of our team, please contact us.
- Preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Supervision of geotechnical engineering and technical staff
- Undertake geotechnical investigations and studies
- Project management of assignments that may include the conducting and coordinating of a wide variety of materials testing programs and geotechnical investigations
- Geotechnical design and fundamentals of design such as feasibility studies, stability assessments, heavy industrial foundations, dams, mining, tunnelling or geo-environmental projects
- Maintain and develop client relationships
Skills / Qualifications
- University graduate with degree in geotechnical, geological, or civil engineering
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng
- 8+ years’ experience in providing practical geological/geotechnical engineering
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Ability and desire to build and supervise in a challenging local/regional market consulting practice
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget
- Work experience in an ISO 9001:2008 environment would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.