Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler manages a number of projects to enable the distribution of gas to millions of homes and businesses across North Wales and surrounding areas.
We currently have an opportunity for a General Operative / Mate to work for our Transmission and Distribution business. To work within a small team (2 to 4 general operatives) to undertake excavation, lay and backfill of low and medium pressure gas distribution mains (up to 355mm diameter) and property service connections on projects throughout the Wrexham area and the border of England and North Wales.
Due to the nature of the work our sites are within travelling distance of Liverpool, Manchester, Stoke, Birmigham and the Colwyn Bay areas. If you live in these areas then we would like to hear from you. The depot is based in Wrexham.
GN01, NRSWA street works qualification and EUSR SHEA Gas Safety passport required.
Staff and contract options will be considered.
- Work within a small team (2 to 4 general operatives) to undertake excavation, lay and backfill of low and medium pressure gas distribution mains (up to 355mm diameter) and property service connections on projects throughout the United Kingdom
- Undertake all works ensuring that they are delivered in a sustainable, safe, compliant, timely and cost effective manner
- To work within Amec Foster Wheeler and client policy, procedures and working practices. To work to regulatory / industry standards and working practices
- At all times, ensure the safety and wellbeing of yourself, your team and others affected by your works including members of the public
- Ensure that you and your team only carry out work for which you / they are trained and competent for, and cease work where procedures and safe working practices cannot be followed
- Assist as required in the planning of works in accordance with the main programme ensuring that the team are able to undertake the works in a safe, efficient and organised manner. Assist in the management of the local construction site, including operatives, deliveries and collections form site as well as all site visitors
- Attend a daily safe start team briefing and tool box talk as required
- Attend safety briefings, training, consultation meetings and health surveillance as and when required
- Liaise as required with customers and local stakeholders to minimise disruption to communities in which we work
- Ensure only approved and safe equipment, plant and machinery is used, in the correct manner to protect the asset
- Report all equipment defects
- Report and / or record all accidents, incidents, environmental events (aspects and impacts), damages, near misses and illnesses, and co-operate with site inspections and investigations
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Engineering & Environmental requirements relevant to your duties and responsibilities
- Ensure personal registered qualifications are up to date, and ensure that the annual review process is undertaken
- Ensure quality of workmanship meets minimum standards
Skills / Qualifications
- SHEA Gas EUSR H&S Passport
- Gas Distribution GNO 1
- Driving licence
- Candidates are required to have eligibility to work within the European Union to be considered for this role
- NRSWA Operative
- Strong team work
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholder at all levels Ability and confidence to intervene
- Vehicle Driving License Cat BE
- Vehicle Driving License Cat CE
- Plant Training – 5t digger & 3-t dumper
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.