Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Beltsville, MD, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Project Coordinator in Beltsville, MD.
- Supports Project Managers and project teams in organizing, performing, tracking and reporting project activities
- Identify schedules and tracks project deliverables to meet client timeliness expectations
- Supports budget planning, tracking and reporting using spreadsheets, and enterprise project management and invoicing software
- Tracks resource allocation and use including subcontractors and equipment at the project level and across projects
- Drafts progress reports per contract requirements
- Drafts presentations to report project progress and findings and to pursue new work
- Performs project work in spreadsheets with moderate to mid level complexity
- As interested, learns mapping and web-based reporting software tools to support project execution and delivery
- Assemble, format and produces project deliverables for electronic and hard-copy delivery
- Supports project Quality Assurance by learning internal control processes, tracking compliance and supporting project team members
- Supports business development through opportunity tracking, background research upkeep of resumes and proposal development.
- Plans and organizes project meetings and events to include meeting space, hotel accommodations, group travel arrangements and expense reporting
- Coordinates the office social program of service awards, monthly lunches, quarterly outings, annual picnic and holiday party
- Represents Amec Foster Wheeler to project-level client contacts, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers by telephone, email and meetings
- Occasionally attends professional events with other team members
Skills / Qualifications
- BA or BS in a related field is required with 0-2 years experience since graduation
- Highly organized, independently driven and able to work with a variety of team member styles
- Strong and open communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent skills with MS Office, including confident spreadsheet ability
- Attention to detail, an eye for visually appealing presentation and high quality work
- Willingness and desire to learn new software
- Experience in any of PowerPoint, MS Project, Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign , Access, ArcView and CAD is an advantage
- Must pass drug screen, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.