London, ON, Canada
London, ON, Canada
Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure division is currently seeking a motivated team player to fulfill the role of Junior Structural Engineer or Engineer-in-Training in any of our Southwestern Ontario offices.
- As a member of Amec Foster Wheeler’s structural department, the successful candidate will support the structural department in executing projects of varying size and complexity including design of building structures and various municipal structures
- Under the direction of a Senior Structural Engineer, work with our structural department will include developing engineering designs of building structures including schools, transit facilities, industrial and commercial buildings, and various municipal structures
- Conducting inspections of existing facilities, development of drawing plans, details and specifications, preparation of tender documents (including schedules and estimates) and construction administration
- Working closely with CAD staff to ensure successful delivery of projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering is required, Master’s degree or higher will be considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Understands the Ontario Building Code and the National Building Code of Canada and the ability to design structures following the current concrete, steel, wood and masonry design codes
- Able to obtain licensure to practice as a Professional Engineer in Ontario
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks, can demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.