Skills: Maintenance Manager
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, NL, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
The role of the Commissioning and Start-up Manger is to provide leadership and to management in aspects of projects associated with pre-commissioning, commissioning and turn-over to operations. Experience with Power Utility Transmission and/or Generation projects is preferred but not essential.
- Preparation of project documentation including pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures.
- Preparation of the project commissioning and start-up plan including detailed activities and start-up logic.
- Work with engineers and vendors in the design phases to align handover and commissioning activities.
- Participate in workshops on design aspects that may assist in pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Assist with the development and management of commissioning and start-up budget, including forecast for future staffing requirements.
- Responsible for managing site materials and logistics.
- Coordinate and manage contractor and subcontractor activities associated with pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Interface with Operations Team in commissioning, start-up and final turnover of the facility.
- Work closely with the project planners and schedulers.
- Assist in Operational Readiness Plan and Project Execution Plan development.
- Coordinate vendor activities for commissioning.
- Provide leadership in health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues on site and maintain overall responsibility for ensuring that the team complies with the HSE Plan.
- Ensure hazard/risk analysis is performed before start of activities.
- Coordinate start-up activities with project management, engineering, construction, HSE, contractors, facility operations, and start-up personnel.
- Establish progress reporting systems for all phases of the commissioning and start-up of the facility.
- Ensure the commissioning plan is in compliance with the appropriate external regulatory bodies and OTS systems.
- Liaise with construction management, the client and Vendors to ensure efficient and timely service.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or degree in Engineering; Engineering Technology; or Red Seal Journeyman.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A strong working knowledge of the pre-start-up safety review process and/or project turnover process in a commissioning capacity.
- Proven leadership and management experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.