Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Orlando, FL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Mid-Level Mechanical / Energy Engineer to join our dynamic team in Orlando, FL. The ideal candidate will have a background in HVAC design, energy efficiency, good communication skills and ability to work with a group of experienced professionals.
Are you a Mechanical Engineer who enjoys the technical aspects of projects, project management and energy efficient design and commissioning work? Do local, national and international projects appeal to you? We have an excellent career opportunity in our international organization. We are looking for an individual with technical, project management and business development capabilities. In this position you will provide solutions for your clients and lead business development initiatives.
- Work on technical assignments (both field and office) and support HVAC design and energy related projects
- Field assignments are local, national and international depending on technical capabilities and desire to travel. Overnight travel is estimated to be about 20%
- The Engineer in this position will be assigned to a team. Typical team assignments will include HVAC retrofit projects, interfacing with clients and contractors, project cost estimation, energy auditing of large HVAC systems and controls, identification of energy conservation measures, rebate identification and procurement, boiler and chiller plant upgrades, DDC systems and building stimulation energy modeling
- Strong commitment to company’s Beyond Zero safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Mechanical EIT or recently acquired P.E.
- Valid driver's license
- Flexibility to work and travel outside normal business hours as required
- Experience with building simulation modeling (preferably using Trane Trace or System Analyzer)
- Background in design of HVAC systems and knowledge of HVAC systems to include but not limited to HVAC load calculations, basic equipment sizing and creation of construction drawings
- Existing local (Orlando) vendor relationships is desirable but not required
- Desire for continuous learning and ability to learn quickly on the job
- Must be computer proficient with working knowledge of MS Excel and Word (AutoCAD proficiency preferred not required)
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.