Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler manages a number of projects to enable the distribution of gas to millions of homes and businesses across the UK.
We have an opportunity for a Gas Team Leader to work for our Transmission and Distribution business. To manage a small team (2 to 4 general operatives) to undertake excavation, lay and backfill of low and medium pressure gas distribution mains (up to 355mm diameter) and property service connections on projects around the Wrexham area.
GN02, NRSWA street works qualification and EUSR SHEA Gas Safety passport required.
Staff and contract options will be considered.
- To undertake work on behalf of the Alliance in a sustainable, safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- To work within Wales & West Utilities (WWU) and Western Gas Alliance (WGA) procedures.
- At all times, ensure the safety of yourself and others affected by your work.
- Only carry out work for which you are trained and competent, and cease work where procedures cannot be followed.
- To assure accurate information on behalf of the Alliance
- Consider current and next phase of work and ensure that you are able to undertake it in a safe, efficient and organised manne
- Overall management of the construction site, including Operatives and site visitors at all times
- Adhere to and work within the Guiding Principles
- Demonstrate team working across the Alliance
- Attend safety briefings, training, consultation meetings and health surveillance when required
- Undertake mains and services activities as directed to deliver the annual mains replacement and governor, diversion and capital programmes.
- Request, as directed, follow up and remedial work, as necessary, in an accurate and timely manner
- Liaise with customers and local communities to minimise disruption
- Use approved equipment only, in the correct manner to protect the asset and ensure the safety and health of yourself and others.
- Report all equipment defects
- Report and / or record all accidents, incidents, environmental events (aspects and impacts), damages, near misses and illnesses, and co-operate with site inspections and investigation
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Engineering & Environmental requirements relevant to your duties and responsibilities, and ensure the safety of yourself and others
- Data Quality and Quality Assurance (with specific reference to AR3) •Ensure completion of accurate records / paperwork, including signature where relevant.
- Ensure submission of all relevant records in a timely manner, and ensure copies are retained as appropriate
- Ensure registered qualifications are up to date, and ensure that the annual review process is undertaken
- Build rapport and communicate with affected customers to minimise complaints and other customer issues
- Ensure quality of workmanship meets minimum standards
Skills / Qualifications
Minimum Qualification Requirement for Grade Mainlaying Team Leaders (Multi-skilled) Service Laying Team Leaders
- Health and Safety Induction / SHEA Gas 1 1
- EUS H&S Passport 1 1
- Gas Distribution GNO 1 1 1
- Gas Distribution GNO 2 Service lay 1 1
- Gas Distribution GNO 2 Main Lay 1 -
- Gas Distribution GNO3(mainlay > 180mm)
- Gas Distribution GNO4(mainlay > 355mm) -
- NRSWA Operatives 1 1
- NRSWA Supervisors
- ACS(CCN1 & MET1) for Meter Fix work
- Licence to Operate as Supervisor of Workers 3 3
- EUSR registered 1 1
- Vehicle Driving License Cat BE 1 1
- Vehicle Driving License Cat CE
- Vehicle Driving License Cat C1E
- Waste Duty Holder 1
- Environmental Management 1
- Plant Training Fork Lift/Telehandlers
- Driver CPC
- Candidates are required to have eligibility to work within the European Union to be considered for this role
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.