Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Kennesaw, GA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an opportunity for a Field Survey Technician (Instrument Operator). This position reports to the Crew Chief and is responsible for operation of various types of survey equipment during field survey efforts. Hours will vary dependent upon workloads and project needs. This position based from our Kennesaw location but occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
The successful candidate will be able to perform assigned tasks with minimal oversight as well as interacting with clients in a professional and courteous manner. Candidates must have prior experience suitable to our needs and be adaptable to emerging technologies. Candidates must be “team minded” with the ability to adapt to our standards and procedures. Candidates must be comfortable working outdoors for long periods of time and be able to physically perform work of this nature. This position offers the possibly for future advancement and candidates of that mindset are desired.
- Executing work as directed
- Preparing and presenting information in a clear and concise manner
- Meeting company standards
- Maintaining equipment assigned to them in a safe, clean and secure manner
- Moving field survey equipment and supplies to and from the survey truck
- Performing pre-start vehicle checks to ensure operability maintenance and safety
- Participate in safety discussions and briefings
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to adapt to our standards and procedures is required
- 1 or more years of experience as an Instrument Operator
- Working knowledge of standardized field coding utilizing auto-line work
- Effective verbal communication and organization skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Proficient with modern Data Collectors, Total Stations, Robotics and GPS
- Can adapt to emerging technologies such as laser scanning and drones
- Candidate will be required to submit to a drug test and background check, provide character / professional references and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.