Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Mining & Metals has a potential opportunity for a Progress Coordinator. Reporting to the project manager, this position is located in our Oakville, ON office. This role will be filled contingent on award of project and will be responsible for providing support on major EPC/EPCM projects. The successful candidate must be located within a reasonable commute to the Oakville, ON office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assembly of the progress reporting system with due recognition to man-hours, and materials content
- Establishment with engineers of benchmark percentage values for various parts of the work
- Setting up of the overall engineering progressing system and defining interfaces with the contractor’s system
- Maintain up-to-date information in the system
- Reviewing and verifying contractor’s progression system
- Setting up productivity performance system and maintain up-to-date information
- Setting up of quantities tracking system and maintain up-to-date information
- Reviewing and verifying contractor’s quantity report
- Assist the cost engineer/analyst (progress, quantity etc.)
- Analyze engineering processes, process mapping and develop procedural documents and flowcharts
- Assess procedures for effectiveness via “component” consistency, i.e. textual, forms and flowcharts / graphics
- Identify criteria for decision-making, document decision-making points and flowcharting process interfaces
- Prepare and deliver reports, including monthly, engineering, progress, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical college diploma and/or engineering degree and a minimum of eight years of related experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience with Heavy industrial projects including EPC/EPCM projects is preferred
- Strong computer skills including MS Project and/or Primavera 3, MS Office and experience working with project management systems
- Must have previous experience writing technical reports
- Highly effective organization and planning skills
- Detail and goal-oriented
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted. By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to Amec Foster Wheeler sharing this information within its business units in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.