Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Gainesville, FL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Mid-Level Energy Engineer (preferably mechanical engineer) to join our dynamic team in Gainesville, FL. The ideal candidate will have a background in energy efficiency, auditing (including identifying energy conservation measures related to lighting, mechanical, water and building envelope), energy efficient design, commissioning and measurement and verification, good communication skills and ability to work with a group of experienced energy professionals.
Are you an Energy Engineer who enjoys the technical aspects of energy conservation projects, project management, energy efficient auditing and design, and energy efficient commissioning work? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a worldwide company with an established team of professionals? We have an excellent career opportunity for an individual with technical skills and business development capabilities. In this position you will provide solutions for client needs and lead business development initiatives.
- Work on technical assignments (both field and office) and support energy related projects
- Typical assignments will include energy auditing (including lighting and mechanical systems, water usage and building envelope), identification and financial analysis of energy conservation measures, and building simulation modeling
- Strong commitment to company's Beyond Zero safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. Engineering, Scientific discipline or related technical field (Mechanical Engineer is preferred)
- 3 - 10 years of related experience
- PE for engineers (preferred)
- Valid driver's license is required
- Travel and Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must be computer proficient with working knowledge of MS Excel and Word (AutoCAD proficiency preferred)
- Experience with building simulation modeling (preferably using Trane Trace or System Analyzer)
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.