Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is looking for an HSSE Manager to join our Capital Projects operation. The role is to provide leadership in HSE and to oversee HSE activities on projects both in the UK and Overseas.
You will lead the Capital Projects Health Safety Security and Environment Department (HSSE) which provides support for the business and project delivery by ensuring the implementation of the HSSE management systems in the business and across all oil and gas projects both onshore and offshore. This will align to our Beyond Zero ethos. HSSE management is responsible for facilitating and organising HSSE processes to ensure a proactive approach to HSSE management including goal setting, planning, and implementation of processes and providing monitoring and assurance to line and functional leadership on the effectiveness of the implementation. Attaining a sustainable incident free workplace and environment requires a strong commitment from leadership, management and all individuals. The HSSE Manager is responsible for providing the strong leadership support and exemplary guidance required to achieve this by promoting an enthusiastic HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engages all team members.
- Responsibility for ensuring the availability of competent advisors and team leaders to meet the business requirements across projects and corporately
- Lead and provide functional management of HSSE personnel
- Develop and implement strategy for continuous improvement of function
- Responsible for managing the function budget
- Principal position within the HSSE team; demonstrate HSSE leadership and promote Beyond Zero
- Coordinate with the CPAM / NECIS safety leadership team
- Play a crucial role in providing guidance, support and advice regarding HSSE Issues
- Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure Client and business needs are understood and achieved
- Monitor compliance against HSSE improvement plans
- Be aware of Client HSSE requirements and Amec Foster Wheeler Guiding Principles and actively promote adherence with Industry Best Practice
- Work in conjunction with Project HSSE Managers to monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSE support is suitably resourced
- Ensure compliance of Facilities Management with the HSSE systems and processes
- Commitment to and promotion of Amec Foster Wheeler’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Your skills and expertise will be utilised across the HSSE operating unit on a corporate level to provide leadership and strategic delivery to ensure the continuing success and consistency of the function
Skills / Qualifications
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent or NEBOSH General Certificate and degree
- Lead Auditor (Certified)
- IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities (or Similar)
- Management Skills
- Line Manager Responsibility
- In depth knowledge of HSSE legislation and best practice
- Senior position in other Projects/companies
- Self-managing, effective person, focused on delivery of actions
- Committed to making a positive impact on HSSE performance and achieving a high level of Safety leadership
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.