Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is recruiting for a Senior Construction Planner for a period of 12 months, to be based in the local site office on the Stanlow Refinery in Cheshire, United Kingdom.
The requirement is for a Senior Construction Planning Engineer to work as Part of an integrated AmecFW / Client team, to plan and coordinate the Construction phase of the project.
The Project is focussed on the optimisation of existing refinery units and as such involves a series of upgrades. The majority of the work will form part of a larger turnaround event for which this projects scope is critical.
- To be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of schedules and associated documents
- Implement the planning systems as defined within the departmental procedures
- Assist, where necessary, with the development of subcontractor schedules where a weakness has been identified
- Analyse and review Contractor Level III schedules and contractor level III resource loading (quantity, equipment, manpower)
- Review and approve Sub Contractors Level IV Progress (quantity installation schedule, equipment schedule and manpower mob plan)
- Review and incorporate subcontractor schedules into project master schedule
- Development and maintenance of schedule forecast
- Identify and analyze potential project problems and recommends corrective action and follow up on recommendations
- Represents the organization in planning and scheduling meetings/presentations
- Organize management schedule review
- Review and discuss the schedule analysis with Project Managers and Project Controls Lead
- Review and analyse look-ahead schedule and variance reports
- Review and endorse schedule impact related to change orders
- Assists in the preparation of the weekly progress reporting
- Assists in the preparation of the Job End Report as it relates to project control
Skills / Qualifications
- Essential Qualifications: HNC or equivalent
- Desirable Qualifications: Degree, Level 3 QCF in Planning/Project Controls
- Minimum of fifteen years broad Oil & Gas project controls / Planning experience in all project phases (ie FEED, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Close-Out)
- Experience in managing construction schedules essential
- Experience in turnaround events / Knowledge of turnaround methodology
- Understanding of the use of norms & productivity measures
- Good IT knowledge, including Excel and Word
- Proficient in the use of Primavera P6
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Good supervisory skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.