Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Columbus, GA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure currently has a temporary opportunity available in Columbus, GA for an Administrative Assistant.
- General administrative assistant duties: mail, shipping, copying, report collating, binding, answering phones and contacting vendors etc.
- Support proposal and report efforts including word processing spreadsheets and data entry in databases
- Assist with reports, mailings and proposals including formatting, mail merging and proofreading
- Enter information into computer databases, perform searches and run reports
- Research and resolve routine problems
- Order office supplies
- Maintain files and records for projects, invoices and correspondence etc.
- Interact with employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge with the construction / engineering industry
- Self-starter with strong oral and written communications skills
- Our ideal candidate has friendly customer service skills and the ability to work with a team
- Organized, detail oriented, proactive individual who takes ownership of a project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including MS Word and Excel (MS Project is a plus)
- An eye for detail and excellent proofreading and English grammar skills
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Knowledge of fundamental filing systems and procedures
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Able to lift 30 lbs. without painful stress or injury
- Able to sit long periods of time without painful stress or injury
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.