Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bintula, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Piping Supervisor with significant Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Construction experience. The Piping Supervisors will represent Amec Foster Wheeler on-site to ensure the construction contractors’ activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment, and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures, and Client requirements.
- Ensure that all Piping construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures, and instructions and Client requirements
- Ensure that Piping construction contractors working within the discipline adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, Specifications, ITP’s, Procedures, and Site Instructions
- Responsible for the HSES and quality aspects of the work within assigned areas and for ensuring construction contractors complete their work in accordance with the project schedule
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries, and tools applicable to the particular discipline and area of work
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
- Inform the Discipline Superintendent on specific areas where the program needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries
- Responsible for monitoring the discipline and timekeeping of contractors’ staff and labor in a defined work area, identifying any disciplinary action required, and informing the relevant Discipline Superintendent
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive track record managing Piping Construction activities within Oil & Gas or Petrochemical sector
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Considerable experience of supervising Construction staff to achieve effective construction execution
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard to the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.