Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has a requirement in for an Engineering Applications Support Engineer (Smartplant 3D, SmartPlant Review, SQL Server and Oracle Databases). This role will be based in our Reading office and would suit an individual with experience of supporting engineering applications in an EPC/PMC contracting environment. Duties will be split between as a Database Analyst, SmartPlant Review Administrator, and S3D Administrator roles.
- It is a customer facing role that covers system set-up, administration and problem resolution, and the use of application technologies to deliver improvements and efficiencies to engineering design activities.
- Implementation and support of engineering design applications
- Administration and configuration of 3D modelling tools
- Administration and configuration of SQL and Oracle data bases
- Assisting with development and customisation of system deliverables such as drawings / reports, based on project requirements
- Liaison with internal and external business customers to analyse and deliver system requirements
- Assisting in problem diagnosis and resolution
- Ensuring application developments or changes are fully tested
- Development of systems procedures
- Monitoring of system performance to ensure the smooth operation of deployed systems
Skills / Qualifications
- HNC or equivalent preferred
- Project experience of Intergraph Smart 3D and SmartPlant Review Administration, Reference data (Catalogue) customisation, drawings reports, SQL Server and Oracle Database Administration essential
- Experience in 3D design with SmartPlant 3D
- Experience in a petrochemical engineering environment preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.