Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to work in our Bristol office. As a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy Amec foster Wheeler work throughout the UK and overseas within a wide range of sectors including Property, Defence, Water, Waste and Energy. Due to expansion of our Infrastructure business unit we are seeking a motivated and ambitious Engineers to join a growing team in Bristol.
We are looking for individuals that have a sound basis of technical skill gained in either a consultancy or design & build contracting environment and now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organization that will support their future development. Ideally you will be working towards Chartership and every assistance will be given to help you achieve this objective at the earliest opportunity.
The position will provide an interesting and varied workload drawing upon your technical, organisational and communication skills and will require a methodical approach to design, plan and manage projects. As a consultancy our main asset is our people and so it is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills to maximize both internal and external work opportunities.
Typical duties shall include carrying out feasibility studies, option studies, infrastructure assessments, design calculations, earthworks modelling, drainage assessments, road design and assist with the general delivery of projects.
Skills / Qualifications
Specific experience of all or some of the following is desirable:
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Drafting of contact documentation
- NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services Contract
- Volumetric Assessment and use of CESMM for writing Bills of Quantities.
- Structural design of elements particularly steel and concrete (reinforcement design)
- Drainage design for private and adoptable systems
- General detailed drawing using AutoCAD or equivalent
- Undertaking Statutory Authority searches & liaison
- Preparation of Method Statement and Risk Assessments
- Safety audits
- CDM Regulations and Principal Designer role
- Project Design Management
- Construction stage site queries
- Site based quality inspections
- MEng / BEng in Civil Engineering or other relevant degree level qualification.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Working towards Chartership of a relevant organisation such as ICE/ IStructE
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.