Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer in our Bristol office. The Southern engineering team has a strong track record of delivering high profile and award winning projects for a broad range of clients. We work throughout the UK and overseas within a wide range of markets/sectors including Property, Defence, Water, Waste and Energy. Due to increased work load, we are looking to recruit a Civil / Infrastructure Engineer with relevant experience to work within our Bristol office. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated and willing to learn about new engineering techniques and solutions. Working as part of a friendly team, you will be provided with the opportunity to work on exciting projects from concept stage through to detailed design and then construction. In return, we will provide you with the necessary training and support to ensure your engineering goals and aspirations are fulfilled as well as making your overall experience with us enjoyable.
- Typical duties shall include carrying out feasibility studies, option studies, infrastructure assessments, design calculations, earthworks modelling, drainage assessments, road design and assist with the general delivery of projects.
- You will also be expected to organise surveys, site investigations as well as to communicate/liaise with a range of customers, third parties and authorities.
Skills / Qualifications
- MEng/BEng/HNC/HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- You will have a strong interest and natural aptitude in civil and/or infrastructure engineering
- Good interpersonal skills and a particular focus towards project delivery with a determination to deliver high quality on time and within budget is a must, along with a working knowledge of latest industry software.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
Software Knowledge Required
- Microdrainage (Windes)
- Civil 3D
You will be an ambitious candidate seeking Incorporated or Chartered status via a professional body such as the ICE and who is looking to further enhance their existing skills or perhaps diversify into other areas of engineering. With this comes the opportunity for professional and career development through continued learning and training. You will have the opportunity to gain experience across most areas of the consulting engineering business.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.