Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Mining business has a potential opportunity for a Senior Cost Controller. This position is located in our Oakville, ON office. This role will be filled contingent on award of project. The successful candidate must be located within a reasonable commute to the Oakville, ON office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assist in setting up a control system and documentation for the project
- Prepare forecasts, cost trend reports and monitor cost and budget forecasts
- Assist in identifying cost risks, and perform risk analysis
- Report on deviations, underruns and overruns
- Responsible for maintaining change control, cost reports, etc.
- Work with project estimator, planner and scheduler and Client’s accounting staff
- Coordinate and assemble the monthly progress reports
- Work closely with client’s project manager and team leads
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical college diploma and/or engineering degree and a minimum of eight years of related experience
- 10+ years experience working in consulting engineering environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and experience working with project management systems
- Highly effective organization and planning skills
- Detail and goal-oriented
- Leadership and interpersonal skills for managing / assigning work and tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are mandatory
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.