Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Rocky Hill, CT, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is searching for a Technical Professional to support environmental investigation and remediation projects for our Rocky Hill, CT office. If you have recently earned an Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related technical degree and have up to 3 years of work experience performing environmental consulting and remediation work, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Amec Foster Wheeler is dedicated to providing its employees the opportunity to advance their careers and seeks people who are highly motivated to succeed. Our Environment & Infrastructure business is a leading environment and infrastructure, engineering, consulting and project management organization with about 150 offices and close to 5,500 employees worldwide. Our team of professionals provides a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government services, clean energy, industrial/commercial, water, transportation/infrastructure, mining and oil & gas. From concept to construction, and compliance to cost management, our engineering and science professionals assist our clients achieve success by developing and implementing cost-effective and results-driven strategies while emphasizing safety and quality.
- Oversee soil borings and groundwater monitoring well installations; collect soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, and soil gas samples; collect data in complex field situations with supervision, and document field activities
- Perform other field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare components of investigation and engineering reports including work plans and summaries, data summaries, engineering calculations, summary tables, figures, charts, engineering drawings and specifications, and report text
- Oversee remediation contractors to evaluate construction quality and compliance with design drawings and specifications; collect samples and data during construction from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Prepare construction summary reports and general correspondence
- Assist Project Manager and team with ensuring effective client communication and relations
- Organize field work, assign tasks, and provide guidance to staff specialists and technicians
- Follow company safety policies and procedures, site safety standards, and permit requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related technical field
- 2 to 3 years of related professional experience
- Strong writing skills
- Very effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in potentially contentious situations
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail as well as a track record of producing quality work products
- Experience performing independent analyses and problem solving
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must pass drug screening, background check, and physical exam
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with Company’s driving policy
- Ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time either stationary or walking
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.