Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an a registered Professional Engineer or an Engineer-In-Training capable of obtaining PE certification within one year, with experience in water resources, civil design, and/or solid waste design to support a rapidly-growing Civil Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in engineering design and project management, as well as, drawing preparation and assembly in the AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation platforms.
You will be an integral part of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Civil Engineering team and will work with and be mentored by our water resources, civil design, and solid waste professional engineers. Engineering efforts will include preparing design calculations, developing computer models using industry-specific software programs, quantity take offs, cost estimates, plans & specifications, report preparation and writing.
- Understand and execute assigned civil engineering tasks within the project scope
- Supervise and check work performed by junior technicians
- Preparation of permit applications and construction documents
- Interaction with regulatory agencies
- Preparation and QA/QC of construction documents, technical specifications, and opinions of probable construction costs
- Client interaction and proposal writing
- Some travel/field work may be required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required, Master’s Degree preferred
- North Carolina Engineer in Training required; Professional Engineering certification preferred
- 5-8+ years of experience in civil/geotechnical/solid waste design
- Must have the capacity to conduct work independently with minimal supervision and oversight
- Must work well in a team environment, with abilities to multi-task and handle various assignments at once
- Possess excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience preparing construction drawings using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Knowledge of leachate management facilities, piping and pumping systems, geosynthetics design, and seismic and slope stability analysis is preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Knowledge of and experience with North Carolina solid waste regulations
- Experience with Coal Combustion Residual landfills is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.