Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an Intermediate / Senior CAD Technologist / Designer to support our Design team in Mississauga. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in preparing construction drawings for civil, geotechnical and environmental projects. Ideally, the successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience - and will possess a thorough understanding of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for drawing preparation from conceptual details to working layout drawings for a variety of civil, geotechnical, and environmental projects
- Drawings include site plans, civil earthwork design, geologic and design cross sections and profiles
- Other tasks may include AutoCAD support to project engineers with report preparation and technical presentations
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Design & Drafting Technology diploma from a recognized community college
- Minimum 3 years experience in Civil Design and drafting
- High level of expertise in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required
- Experience with civil and / or earthwork construction drawings
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle challenges and work under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with one or more of the following civil design and general software; Adobe Standard, Microsoft Applications, Autodesk Design Review and Global Mapper
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.