Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Subcontracts Administrator to join our team in Philadelphia, PA.
- Develop, solicit, negotiate and administer subcontract agreements of varying dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity
- Prepare and issue Requests for Proposal (RFPs) to potential subcontractors and verifies accuracy and completeness of proposal packages
- Receive subcontractor proposals and evaluate on basis of low price, best value or other methods
- Conduct discussions and negotiations regarding specifications/statement of work, price, date of delivery and other contractual provisions with all levels of supplier/subcontractor management
- Prepare and issue subcontracts and subcontract modifications in accordance with delegated authority
- Prepare price and cost analysis in order to document the reasonableness of the cost/pricing awarded to subcontractors
- Effectively administer subcontracts and issue any required notices, including consent, cure notices, stop work orders, and terminations if required
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy; approve and process vendor invoices; maintain several Excel databases for purposes of tracking vendor invoices, vendor subcontract information and vendor invoice balances; and other administrative duties such as modifications and close-outs to existing agreements, file maintenance, etc.
- Enforce provisions related to federal construction such as Davis-Bacon Act, including review and submission of subcontractor certified payrolls
- Perform subcontract closeout activities. Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as necessary
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or related field
- A working knowledge of subcontracting activities typical to engineering and construction industry in required
- This current position is a mid-level position requiring 5-7 years of experience in procurement and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and contract administration
- Knowledge of Government contract types and working knowledge of the FAR
- Experience in soliciting, awarding and administering subcontracts with foreign entities preferable
- Experience with Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs) a plus
- Limited travel required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.