Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently looking to recruit a Loler Technical Authority to be based in Aberdeen.
To assure the safety, legal compliance and quality of rigging & lifting operations within the EWA regions through the implementation and by continuous improvement of performance standards, procedures, guidance, training and workforce capability & competence.
- To assure the application of consistent, safe and legally compliant rigging & lifting practices across regional operations.
- To support the recruitment & development of a suitable and competent workforce capable of executing rigging & lifting operations.
- To identify and implement improvements in the technical quality and content of performance standards and procedural guidance related to rigging & lifting operations.
- To improve the quality of planning, risk assessment and execution of rigging & lifting operations in the region.
- To review and update processes and procedures applicable to rigging & lifting operations
- To establish and maintain consistent and legally compliant performance standards and technical guidance for the execution of rigging & lifting operations in the region.
- To identify and monitor safety critcal elements (SCE's) applicable to rigging and lifting operations withinin the region ensuring performance against these is of a high standard.
- To establish and maintain consistent and legally compliant performance standards and technical guidance for the recruitment, development and retention of rigging & lifting operatives in the region.
- To advise HR and projects on the recruitment, selection, training and competency assurance of rigging & lifting operatives.
- To support projects in the planning, risk assessment and execution of critical rigging & lifting operations.
- To support & participate in audit processes of applicable rigging and lifting performance standards, SCE's and procedures.
- To support supply chain in technical specification of sub-contract scopes of services as required.
- To support proposals in providing specialist technical support input to bids.
- Participation in industry initiatives as required.
- Interfacing with regulatory and independent verification bodies as required.
- Input into FEED workscope.
- Contribute to the review of operational and engineering standards applicable to rigging and lifting.
Skills / Qualifications
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade.
- A Valid Competent Person Qualification issued by one of the following award bodies:
- CPCS A61 Appointed Person (Blue Card).
- LOLER Competent Person (Certificate of Competence)
- In addition to above qualification:
- Lifting equipment Inspection.
- Rigging Loft Management.
- Lifting Operations Planning and Risk Assessment.
- Managing Working at Height.
- Use of Fall Arrest Suspension and rescue Equipment.
- Working at Heights/Harness Equipment User.
- BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical/MIST.
- Extensive experience and proven competence in the planning, risk assessment and safe implementation of lifting operations during the fabrication and HUC activities of structures (topsides, process plant modules, jackets, bridges, flare towers etc.), offshore and where applicable, for onshore construction sites.
- Fully conversant with BSEN technical standards, processes and procedures for assuring the technical Integrity of lifting equipment (e.g. thorough examination, certification and inspection requirements).
- Demonstrate safety awareness and show a duty of care for others working with and around them.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.