Skills: Maintenance Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Commissioning Manager with extensive experience in the Mining and Metals industry.
- Manage commissioning process, functional activities for earmarked projects and other related activities, including the preparation and subsequent implementation of the commissioning procedures and packages for the Project and to manage commissioning staff and schedules
- Handle formulation of Commissioning Plan together with the Project Manager
- Ensure complete pre-C3 Commissioning checks
- Manage the site lockout procedure in conjunction with the Construction Manger
- Liaise with the E & I supervisor and Construction Manager for site queries
- Verify through due diligence spot checks the correct setup of the protection relays prior to commissioning
- Resolve and manage day to day technical electrical queues through facilitating input from engineering team
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc degree in Metallurgical, Chemical engineering degree or BTech
- A minimum of 15 years working experience in a project engineering environment, preferably within the resources / minerals processing industry in Africa
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.