Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an Intermediate Roadway/Highway Engineer to join our Transportation Group in South West, ON.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Professional Engineer to work on dynamic transportation projects in a team environment for municipal and provincial highways projects.
This positon can be located in any of the following office locations: London, Windsor, Cambridge or Sarnia, ON.
- Undertake preliminary and detail engineering design work for rural or urban road and highway improvement projects
- Manage multiple projects and staff that may be assigned to provide technical support
- Conduct quality control reviews
- Prepare tender documents
- Liaise and coordinate with the project team
- Undertake contract administration and construction liaison
- Mentor and supervise junior engineers and technicians
- Liaise with clients and agencies
- Prepare proposals and project presentations
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant transportation engineering experience
- Familiar with the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Autodesk, InRoads, MTO and GDSOH design standards and guides and other road design software
- Registered with PEO
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.