Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Senior Railway Design Engineer to join our team in Burlington, ON.
- Responsible for managing tasks and coordinating Rail projects
- Design freight rail lines including mainline track alignment, associated earthwork and drainage
- Manage specific elements of projects
- Prepare and conduct technical review of staff, reports, correspondence, calculations and prepare technical recommendations
- Produce non-routine plans, reports and specifications
- Identify and define project scope, price and schedule
- Prepare and review cost estimates
- Experience in preparation of medium-size scale proposals
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 + years of related experience in transit trackwork designs and installation
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario is required
- Experience with freight railroad and transit engineering design projects preferred
- Experience with grading & track design for mainlines, sidings, maintenance & layover yards, spur tracks, stations and light rail
- Experience in AutoCAD / Microstation and 3D CAD using Civil3D and / or InRoads design software
- Experience in the preparation of design drawings and tender documents
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.