Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Secure your future in Canada’s dynamic nuclear industry.
Be part of an exciting industry that provides challenge and opportunities for growth and development, in a location that offers an enviable alternative to “city” living.
We are a member of the Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) global family. Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. With pro-forma 2014 annualised scope revenues of £5.5 billion and over 40,000 people in more than 55 countries, the company operates across the whole of the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is a rapidly growing engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff, and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Contract multi-discipline Drafter / Designer with extensive experience in the Nuclear or Power industry.
This position is located in our Toronto, ON office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Apply diversified knowledge of design principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
- Maintain drafting processes and procedures to conform with project-specific drafting concepts, practices, procedures and policies within the resource industry
- Assist other draftspersons on complex, detailed designs.
- Follow all quality guidelines as set out in the home office and project quality assurance manual
- Ensure work is performed and completed in a safe manner within defined schedule and deadlines
- Assist design lead in general administration duties, including issuing, revisions and filing of drawings and documents
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or certificate in Drafting or Engineering Technology from accredited technical program or equivalent
- 2 - 10 years of working experience in electrical drafting
- Proficient using AUTOCAD and exposure to other CAD and design programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to follow instructions, organize and prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines
- Work well in a team environment
- Have a good understanding, knowledge and application of design criteria, codes, standard practices and design theory
Please note that this is a Contract position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.