Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: London, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
The role required is for a highly experienced senior architect with a broad spectrum of process and non-process building experience. The architect must have good knowledge of middle east oil and gas projects, including onshore refinery experience and some offshore experience is desirable. Knowledge of international standards is essential including IBC’s and Shell DEP’s. Experience of Kuwait standards would also be an advantage.
The PMC Senior Architectural Engineer will be accountable to review, comment, and ensure EPC Contractors submissions meet the issued ITT/FEED contract documents for design objectives, technical compliance, and performance requirements. The role is for a contract position based in the EPC Contractors execution centres which could be Kuwait and/or Korea. The role will be supported from the PMC Home Office Core Team Lead Architect in London. It will require interface with multiple EPC Contractors architectural design and sub-consultant organisations. The PMC Lead Architect will identify EPC submissions for PMC EPC location Architect review and technical compliance investigations.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Administer and implement Amec Foster Wheeler Client and Project policies and procedures
- Undertake review, comment, comment consolidation, and comment review implementation of EPC Contractors submissions for architectural elements of designs as identified within the PMC plan of work
- Undertake progress reviews of EPC Contractors submissions against EPC and PMC design and execution plans
- Liaise and support the PMC Lead Architect in work planning and EPC Contractors submissions, and providing key technical review support.
- Provide review assessment against contract documents
- Review EPC Contractors compliance with the Campus Architects Design Book in respect of his Design Book and provide direction in meeting compliance where required.
- Undertake tasks on behalf of PMC Lead CSA as required and in agreement with PMC Project Engineering Manager
- Develop and enhance processes and systems for wider use in the discipline
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with relevant legislative requirements, Standards and Procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified architect with membership of a recognised international architectural professional authority
- Experience in oil and gas projects
- Previous PMC experience
- Experience of leading and developing project teams.
- Experience of client management and briefing activities
- Good conceptual design abilities
- Sound technical and international building construction knowledge
- Good project management skills within the Architectural discipline
- Experience of Middle East / North Africa project work and clients an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws