Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: West Palm Beach, FL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you a Land Surveyor who enjoys the technical aspects of projects, project management, and working for numerous clients on large projects? Do local, national and international projects appeal to you? We have an excellent career opportunity in our organization for an individual with technical skills in survey to support our Florida and southeastern states project backlog. In this position, you will provide survey solutions for our clients through project execution.
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Survey Project Manager to join our Florida surveying and mapping branch operations in West Palm Beach. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in survey and must be knowledgeable in Florida Surveying & Mapping standards and applications, including boundary, topographic, route, geodetic and construction surveying for federal, state and local government agencies and commercial clients. This position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies and a demonstrate ability to manage surveying & mapping projects. successful candidate will have good communication skills and the ability to work with a group of experienced professionals.
- Project management including managing, scope, schedule, and budgets as well as personnel for multiple surveying and mapping projects
- Coordinate survey efforts with clients and other branches within Amec Foster Wheeler
- Capable of performing “field to finish” surveying & mapping services for private / commercial and government client projects
- Develop scopes of work, staff hour estimates, and proposals
- Perform survey project quality control and quality assurance
- Direct, develop, evaluate, and mentor survey staff
- Market Amec Foster Wheeler Services
Skills / Qualifications
Skills and Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of surveying and mapping including legal requirements and boundary determinations
- Must have thorough understanding of the use of current survey technologies as well as Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D and / or MicroStation / GEOPAK software
- Able to analyze and interpret land surveying data, perform land surveying calculations, perform technical surveying tasks such as solving problems relating to surveying
- Able to conduct fact-finding research and can travel occasionally
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- With good organizational skills
- Must have excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Must have a 10 plus years of experience in surveying & mapping
- With Bachelor’s Degree in surveying and mapping or related field preferred but not required
- With Florida Surveyor and Mapper’s License preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.