Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Santee, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheelers Mining & Metals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Terra Nova Technologies (TNT), based near San Diego, designs, supplies, delivers and installs material handling systems for mining and mineral processing, coal, aggregate and cement clients throughout the world. Our experience includes delivery of mobile stacking system, crushing plant, and conveyor (stockpile, overland, in-pit, and in-plant) projects in 15 countries on 6 continents. We currently hold about 80% of the world market in the manufacture and installation of multiple-lift heap leach stacking systems.
Terra Nova Technologies currently have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate/Senior Material Handling Designer. Reporting to the Director of Operations this position can be located in our TNT office in Santee, CA or in Boise, ID. This role has overall responsibility for the layout, design and specification of materials handling systems, including mobile and fixed belt conveyors, feeders, crushing plants and storage systems for heavy industrial projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Designing bulk materials handling systems for industrial applications, such as mines, port facilities, and process plants
- Performing calculations and preparing specifications for the design and procurement of conveyors, conveyor components, stacking and reclaiming equipment, crushers, feeders, chutes, bins and hoppers
- Providing guidance and support to junior personnel, including but not limited to overseeing the production of designs/drawings as well as providing input to project schedules, manpower planning and progress reporting
- Working in a team environment on large multi-discipline projects
- Interacting closely with other disciplines to co-ordinate overall project work
- Reviewing project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including verifying technical accuracy
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Design Technology or similar
- More than 10 years experience in the design of materials handling projects in the underground mining industry with an emphasis on conveyors, crushers and feeders
- AutoCAD and/or 3D design/drafting software capabilities is considered an asset
- Willingness to travel to both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.