Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting a control and instrumentation specialist with software assurance skills. The expert will work as part of a team supporting the assessment of submarine nuclear propulsion systems. The primary role is to carry out Independent Safety Assessments of submarine reactor control & instrumentation systems, and to carry out software assurance. However, the successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to other projects within Amec Foster Wheeler.
The key objectives of the role are
- To provide software assurance services in support of the naval nuclear propulsion system
- To carry out formal independent nuclear safety assessment of documents relating to submarine reactor control and instrumentation systems, documenting the results in formal letters or reports, and presenting the results to safety committees
- To represent Amec Foster Wheeler at meetings with clients and other contractors
- To contribute, as control and instrumentation specialist, in other projects being carried out by Amec Foster Wheeler
Skills / Qualifications
BELOW IS INFORMATION TO AID YOU IN BUILDING YOUR REQUISITION. PLEASE HIGHLIGHT AND DELETE THIS INFORMATION WHEN REPLACING IT WITH THE POSITION SPECIFICATION.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant subject
- Chartered status with a relevant institution would be expected
- Knowledge & experience of assessment and substantiation of C&I safety systems
- Understanding of nuclear safety case requirements, including knowledge of ONR SAPs and TAGs (particularly TAGs 003, 031 and 046)
- Working knowledge of BS EN 61508
- Familiarity with the development of safety critical software, preferably including experience of some of the following: Aerospace D0178B/C, nuclear experience BS EN 61513:2013, BS EN 60880:2009, BS IEC 62138:2009
- Familiarity with modern software development tools and environments
- Good interpersonal skills, to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written English
- The ability to present and defend detailed technical arguments clearly
- Familiarity with naval reactors would be an advantage
- Applicants must be UK nationals and will need to obtain security clearance to SC level before commencing in the role
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.