Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Project Accountant to perform the Project Accounting function, ensure accurate a timely accounting processes, and proactively support operations in serving our end client. This position will be located in our San Diego office.
- PERFORM DAY TO DAY PROJECT ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
- Process billing in accordance with clients' requirements, within the currently established procedures, and the timelines of our Service Level Agreement. Verify that all charges billed to the client can be backed up with original input documents (i.e. all hours invoiced to a project must be supported by a signed approved timesheet etc.).
- Ensure all data entry documents received are verified and input into the accounting system weekly based on current data entry procedures and timelines.
- Review and load Project Information Forms within the accounting system on a daily basis, as per our current Service Level Agreement.
- Complete any budget changes and variance adjustments as needed and as per Month End Schedule. Requests for changes from operations are expected to be completed within 24 hours, as per our current Service Level Agreement.
- Provide support in the preparation of month end financial reporting including reviewing of projects, A/R and WIP accounts. Providing information and assistance in the preparation FPS/Flash/Final analysis and comments.
- All manual adjustment entries, such as DB or CR notes, manual transfers, or manual invoices, must be approved by direct supervisor prior to input to the accounting system. Requests for these items are expected to be completed within 2 working days, as per out current Service Level Agreement.
- If applicable, complete Time & Cost reports for assigned divisions and submit back to the Payroll Dept. by noon on scheduled pay weeks.
- Review WIP and A/R bi-weekly for accuracy issues and WIP for aging issues for projects you are responsible to bill. Seek assistance from Unit & Project Managers where necessary, and immediately report to direct Supervisor any problem projects or issues.
- IMPROVE PROJECT ACCOUNTING PROCESSES
- Provide input and support to the development and implementation of new initiatives to improve Project Accounting processes
- SUPPORT CLIENT NEEDS
- Provide assistance, financial information, and training to Operations staff as required. This would include training on the company intranet system, the understanding and communication of policies and procedures, and assistance with financial information.
- Work with Operations to enhance the flow of information to the Project Accounting team. Notify Project Accounting Supervisor of any issues related to flow, including prebill reports not being returned in a timely fashion.
- Maintain communications with PM's, and Unit Managers regarding Project Accounting function and changes that may impact their work.
- ENHANCE CROSS FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Actively participate as member of the group Project Accounting Team.
- Actively manage horizontal relationships between the various Operations, Accounting and Project Accounting groups.
- ENSURE THAT RECORD RETENTION GUIDELINES ARE FOLLOWED
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field, 2-3 years’ direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in required software application within the Functioning Area
- Understanding of the Functioning Area's principles and practices
- Goal and team oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.