Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is a rapidly growing engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff, and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior Instrument and Control Engineer with extensive experience in Nuclear industry for our Downtown Toronto location.
We are looking for people with considerable experience in I&C and Electrical engineering design position. To fill this position you are required to have a sound foundation in I&C and Electrical engineering design, and possess substantial experience in applications to operating nuclear or other industrial plants. The applicants will have minimum of 10 years working experience in the nuclear industry, and must be a licensed professional engineer in Ontario.
To deliver I&C and electrical engineering expertise service to power generation utilities and other customers. The specific accountabilities of the position include the following:
- Provide I&C and electrical engineering design and analysis for nuclear and other industrial plants.
- Provide a high level of expertise in one or more specific areas,e.g., piping, pressure vessels, rotating equipment, steam generators and other heat exchangers; structural steel, supports; control instrumentation assessment/design/specification of equipment and components, electrical power generation and distribution; etc.
- Perform condition and performance assessments of mechanical, process, civil/structural, I&C and electrical equipment such as piping, heat exchangers, pumps and other power plant equipment; structural steel, supports; control instrumentation assessment/design/specification of equipment and components, electrical power generation and distribution; etc.
- Perform engineering change design and analysis following established change control procedures.
- Develop life cycle plans, including inspection and test programs.
- Interface with construction/procurement partners, utility stakeholders, and equipment vendors throughout the lifecycle of the design project (i.e., from preliminary and conceptual engineering to detailed design, implementation and close-out) to provide practical and effective solutions as per requirements.
- Provide field support to multi-disciplined plant design modifications, including provision of field engineering.
- Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution.
- Conduct technical assessments and emergent troubleshooting/engineering to support refurbishment projects and operating unit (capital) projects.
- Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Stay current with developments within your field of expertise.
Skills / Qualifications
The following skills/knowledge are required:
- Proven track record in design and analysis in power generation and similar industrial facilities.
- Experience in performing condition assessments of equipment such as heat exchangers, high pressure and temperature piping and pressure components and other power plant equipment.
- In depth knowledge and experience of use of appropriate codes and standards, as applied to nuclear plant and conventional plants.
- Experience in project management and interfacing with and coordinating activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Expertise with rigorous engineering change control processes and application of QA programs.
- Registered as a professional engineer in Ontario.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have demonstrated a high commitment to quality.
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, with some experience working on-site at a nuclear power plant.
Personal Qualifications & Characteristics:
In addition, you will be the type of person who displays strong leadership skills and is recognized by your peers and customers as a sound, practical, innovative, and helpful engineer. You will pride yourself in your ability to provide value-added solutions and to consistently deliver projects ahead of schedule and under budget. You must be able to visit client sites on a regular basis, mainly within Ontario, both for short and longer-term assignments.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers very competitive compensation and benefits packages.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.