Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an NDT Consultant to work in the inspection discipline area. This is an excellent opportunity for a suitable individual to provide inspection design and qualification support to structural integrity projects and also to undertake research and development in these areas.
The inspection discipline undertakes monitoring and non-destructive testing projects on behalf of clients, many of whom are in the nuclear power generation industry. The projects cover research, design and capability assessment of techniques and qualification of inspection systems. The main techniques are ultrasonics, eddy currents and radiography although all NDT and monitoring techniques are covered. The work involves both laboratory experiments and theoretical modelling, with site visits as required for implementation and audit.
Working with experienced scientists and engineers you will be contributing as part of a project team but also you will act as the main technical contributor and driver for some projects. There will be opportunities to liaise with leading experts in industry and universities and you will be encouraged to publish the results of your work in technical journals and to attend and present papers at relevant conferences and seminars.
- Managing and/or contributing to projects involving the experimental and theoretical assessment of inspection techniques, inspection design and procedure development
- Analysing clients problems, developing and implementing solutions by developing new inspection techniques for specialist applications
- Witnessing and auditing inspections at client sites
- Visits to and implementation of inspections at client sites
- The production of high quality technical reports on the outcome of your work
- Delivering your work to agreed timescales and cost
- Interfacing with customers throughout the lifecycle of projects including the presentation of results
- Reporting on the outcome of your work at conferences/seminars, as appropriate
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Leading/assisting with the production of contract proposals and bids
- Assisting in maintaining the technical capability/knowledge of the team
- Representing the Group in technical meetings with clients and third parties
Skills / Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in engineering or physics or mathematics
- Several years experience in NDT, particularly ultrasonics and / or eddy currents, in either a research or industrial environment
- Willingness to contribute in a range of project areas, prioritising as appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong delivery focus
- The ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good analytical skills and the ability to interpret a variety of technical and financial information, distilling and conveying key information
- Ability to lead projects both technically and managerially
- A willingness to spend time working at client sites